List of active policies
|Cookies policy||Site policy||All users|
Our Privacy notice explains how City uses, and shares your personal data, and your rights in relation the data that we hold.
City, University of London is committed to protecting the personal information provided to us and meeting our legal duties under the Data Protection Act 2018, the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and any other applicable data protection laws.
Please visit the General privacy notice to see the notice in full and refer to the specific notices for:
City is a data controller in terms of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR. City is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) with the registration number Z8947127.
Data Protection Officer
City has appointed a Data Protection Officer, Dr Emma White, who can be contacted by email or by writing to her at our address:
City, University of London
Information Assurance Team
London EC1V 0HB
Please read this policy in conjunction with our privacy notice, which sets out additional details on how we use personally identifiable information and your various rights.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the site or a third-party to recognise you and make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you. Essentially, cookies are a user’s identification card for the Moodle servers. Web beacons are small graphic files linked to our servers that allow us to track your use of our site and related functionalities. Cookies and web beacons allow us to serve you better and more efficiently, and to personalise your experience on our site.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.
When you use and access the site, we may place a number of cookie files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the site and we use different types of cookies to run the site:
- Essential cookies. Necessary for the operation of the site. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of user accounts, or offer site features.
- Analytical/performance cookies. Allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the site when using it. This helps us improve the way the site works.
- Functionality cookies. Used to recognise you when you return to the site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. Record your visit to the site, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the site more relevant to your interests.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party cookies in the following ways:
- Tracking cookies. Follow on-site behaviour and tie it to other metrics allowing better understanding of usage habits.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
Cookies informationThe table below lists the cookies used by this site.
You must allow this cookie in your browser to provide continuity and to remain logged in when browsing the site. When you log out or close the browser, this cookie is destroyed (in your browser and on the server).
|Functionality||This cookie just remembers your username in the browser. This means that when you return to this site, the username field on the login page is already filled in for you. It is safe to refuse this cookie - you will just have to retype your username each time you log in. This cookie may not be required when using single sign-on (SSO).
Expiry: 60 days